Whew! A very historic Election Day is over! But did it rob your peace?
More specifically, have you ALLOWED it to rob your peace? Big difference.
Regardless of who you voted for or how you feel about the current state of the U.S. or our uncertain future, it is imperative that you find peace. And here’s how:
1) Meditate on these verses. Allow God to speak to you and bring the peace you seek.
- John 16:33 “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”
- Philippians 4:6-7 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
- John 14:27 “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.”
2) Make quiet time to pray and give your worries, anxieties and fears to God. God is not scared or intimidated by your raw feelings! Be honest and express your deepest concerns. You’ll find peace at the end of your raw honesty.
3) Let go. When you stew and fret and doubt and worry, you not only make your own brain a battle ground and breeding ground for seeds of life-stealing fear, you only grow that which you are afraid of or don’t want.
- Luke 12:25 “And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?”
4) Your mind is IMMENSELY powerful. Be very diligent what you allow to enter, live and exit.
Be purposeful and wise in choosing your thoughts.
- Philippians 4:8 “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things.”
>> Final thought: Whether you’re in jubilation or dread about the results of the election and the future of our country, remember, God is in control. Rest in His peace, follow His will for your life, and no other outside governments can steal your peace.
How strong is your faith in the God of the Universe?
Do you need to do some faith-building and grow your trust in our Creator?
Take the time to do the inner work to seek the peace you need.
P.S. Searching for peace? Needing to find your joy again? My Journaling into Joy 14 day journey kicks off TOMORROW, Thursday, Nov. 10th! I’ll show you how to use the power of journaling to look within and use certain strategies and techniques to reconnect with your true joy and fulfillment.
Life is too short to not be living joyfully!