OK, don’t knock it til you try it. I know it’s not a typical combo to put in your eggs…but it’s amazing!!!
This fabulous concoction was born out of wanting more variety to my daily egg breakfast. My typical go-to of tomatoes, garlic and greens (spinach, chard, kale etc.) was needing a little switch-up.
I happened to have some shredded, unpeeled, raw sweet potato from a previous night’s dinner.
“Welp! Let’s see what happens,” I thought, and in they went!
To my pleasant surprise, they were awesome! The natural sweetness comes out once they’re cooked, and because of the small shred, they cooked up in a flash with the tomatoes.
So now they’re a regular weekly add-in to my morning egg routine. 🙂
But wait! There’s more! Let’s see for a quick sec 8 HEALTH BENEFITS of sweet potatoes, courtesy of MedicalNewsToday.com:
- Great source of beta-carotene –> powerful antioxidant in orange vegetables to reduce the risk of developing certain types of cancer, offer protection against asthma and heart disease and delay aging and body degeneration.
- Diabetes – low glycemic index
- Blood Pressure – high in potassium. Potassium is associated with 20% decreased risk of dying from all causes!
- Prostate and Colon Cancer – beta-carotene can reduce cancer risk
- Fertility – vitamin A for pregnancy and lactation
- Immunity – vitamin C and beta-carotene boost immunity
- Inflammation – choline helps with sleep, muscle movement, learning and memory
- Vision – vitamins A, C, and E promote vision and prevent degeneration
But, still skeptical they’re awesome in eggs?
Give it a try and let me know your thoughts.
What are some other unlikely pairings you’ve tried with food that turned out better than expected?
For more great tips on strengthening your fitness and you faith, grab my new free download and get started today!